Preparing a pizza may seem easy, but getting it right is the hard part. There are many recipes on the internet for pizza preparation that involve a wide range of ingredients but an authentic pizza is prepared with some of the most basic ingredients. So what are you waiting for? scroll down to learn the best techniques to prepare an awesome Napoli Pizza.
The following quantity of ingredients makes dough for 4 pizzas with each pizza about 12 cm in diameter
- 600 ml of warm water
- 7 cups or about 1Kg flour, type “00”
- 2.5 – 3 tablespoons of fresh yeast or 2 teaspoons of dried yeast.
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Pour the yeast into lukewarm water and stir it until it dissolves.
2. Spread the flour on the table like the shape of a volcano and mix the yeast mixture with the flour.
3. Once the flour is properly mixed with rest of the yeast mixture, Knead the dough for 10 to 15 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
4. Grease up a bowl with some olive oil and put the dough inside. Turn the dough around so the top is
5. Preheat the oven to about 400°F, or about 200°C.
6. Dump the dough out of the bowl and back onto the floured surface and punch the dough for sometime until you are sure that all the trapped air bubbles are removed.
7. Divide the dough in half and let it rest for a few minutes and
8. Transfer the dough onto an oiled pizza pan or baking sheet and add tomato sauce if you want the pizza to be Pizza Rossa which means red pizza. Once the tomato sauce is applied to the pizza, brush the edges of the crust with a bit of olive oil. 9
9. Bake each pizza for about 10 minutes, then add mozzarella cheese (sliced or grated) on top, as well as ingredients of your choice.
10. Let the pizzas bake until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted. By lifting up the pizza to peek underneath, you can make sure the bottom has browned, too.
11. Remove the pizza from the oven and, garnish it with basil leaves for the authentic Italian experience